Hmonitor

JrDave2324

hmonitor.jpg

so heres the monitoring program i use, since the gigabyte easytune only shows CPU B temp (which is the mobo in that case). i see some red there, and the CPU is pretty high correct? cause before it was running at like 58, now it stays at 71. can someone tell me what the other two red boxes are and how to fix em? or what it means?

tristan

Those are the rails put out by your PSU. You need to look into better cooling for your CPU and a better PSU.
What psu are you using right now. And what cooling do you have for your cpu.
Nice setup btw.

Edit: Taking a look at it again, that 5+ rail may be the 3.3 register rail. The program may just be messed up. Download MBM5 and look at those readings (google it)

Last edited:

JrDave2324

my psu is a 350w antec and my HSF is just what came with the processor...im thinkin of either a thermaltake venus 12 or venus 7+ . which one would you think would cool better?

tristan

Actually I would recommend the Thermaltake Polo 735, its a few $ more but comes with a much better fan(than the 7) and adjustable RPM (lowers the noise while you are not using it).

Much more efficient cooling :D

Last edited:

kalson

Thermaltake is usually and ALWAys good for cooling, since tat company focuses on CPU cooler, u can get the thing ... umm... tat can control how fast ur fans run =) quite good at times, and also water cooling :D

JrDave2324

well im trying to set up MBM5 right now, but am a little confused on how to do so and what sensors to choose and all that stuff...i need help!

tristan

just push next past everything and pick the right motherboard. it will set up all the sensors automatically.

tristan

go ahead and let it run and play a game, so it gets some load readings and post the high/low chart.

4W4K3

VIP Member
your 5V and 12V seem a little low? do you have alot of harddrives or cd-drives? those can drag on your rails alot...

JrDave2324

tristan said:
go ahead and let it run and play a game, so it gets some load readings and post the high/low chart.
not really much of the gaming type so i dont have many...erm...any games, anything else that would give you the settings you were lookin for?

4W4K3 said:
your 5V and 12V seem a little low? do you have alot of harddrives or cd-drives? those can drag on your rails alot...
ummm i have a dvd-rom, dvd-rw, one HD, and a floppy drive that im prolly gonna take out cuz i got the little USB stick...thats it

tristan

The MBM monitor showed everything is working correctly. The temps are a TAD above normal but nothing to be concerned about. The voltages are a little low but I dont think enough to harm anything. Have you had any random restarting? That 'Hardware Sensor Monitor' was not configured right and was giving wrong readings. (+3.3 was in the +5, the -'s werent reading, and cpu may have been configured in farenhiet or something i dunno).

JrDave2324

yeah i dunno why it was reading it at 71C, the hmonitor and this everest home edition both said it was at that temp. but when the easytune4 program was working it read it right around what mbm5 was reading. im just curious as to why the voltages are reading low...ill see if removing the floppy that i never use does anything and maybe plugging the front case fan into the mobo sys fan slot instead of just a 4-pin molex.

tristan

yeah.. you arent running a quality psu so your rails arent very stable. if you want to look into a quality brand to put out some good rails look to antec, enermax or fortron.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Thermaltake is usually and ALWAys good for cooling, since tat company focuses on CPU cooler, u can get the thing .
Thats what he's running now, a Tt cooler.... could it be missing thermalpaste?

not really much of the gaming type so I dont have many...erm...any games, anything else that would give you the settings you were lookin for?
Look for stress tester or burn in programs :)

That is 51.6 degrees celsius. A tad high man.
Hell yeah... whats the ambient temp? :)

you arent running a quality psu so your rails arent very stable.
Antec is a very good maker of PSUs. Every company has its nightmare stories though.