Home / End

If you have to choose, what would you want to do with Home/End keys?

• Jump at the beginning/end of a line

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Jump at the beginning/end of a document

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I posted this poll because I want to know if the problem is in me or what...
On a Mac the Home/End keys gets you to the beginning/end of a document instead of beginning/end of a line. If you want to get to beginning/end of a line, you must press Command+Alt+left/right cursor key. Why a frequently used command needs pressing 3 keys? Because it wants to be ergonomic (and fails)? Or just for being different - like driving on the right side of the road instead of left (which would be the natural way)?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely want it to go to the beginning and end of a document.
The other day I kept trying the end key hoping it would take me to the end of a very very large excel spreadsheet, albeit to no avail.

Scrat

Yet another reason to add to my list of excuses why i'm putting off learning about Macs... how frustrated would you get if you did word processing all day as your job!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
offtopic, cool avatar Scrat, Ice Age is my favourite animated movie, Sid the sloth is my favourite character cause im annoying just like him.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The other day I kept trying the end key hoping it would take me to the end of a very very large excel spreadsheet, albeit to no avail.
CTRL+HOME and CTRL+END should solve your problems (same for text)... of course with excel, you can press END and then a cursor key and it will launch you to the end of whatever direction you picked :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
CTRL+HOME and CTRL+END should solve your problems (same for text)... of course with excel, you can press END and then a cursor key and it will launch you to the end of whatever direction you picked :)
Thanks Ill remember that for next time.

[tab]

[...]
Shift + End will also select to the end of the line, add Ctl to select to the end of the document.

We need a tips section :)