hope I get an "A+"

Steel

yeah, in a little less than a month I will be going to take my comptia A+ certification exam. I was wondering if any of you who took it has any advice?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
memorize the laser printer process :), but generally most people think it's a fairly easy test

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
memorize the laser printer process , but generally most people think it's a fairly easy test
HHaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa ... oh boy .... bad memories .... oh good god ... stupid printers.... oh dear god :p

Camper

Advice: Study this stuff because you more then likely got every thing else drilled into your head.
Printers
IRQ's and I/O addresses
Some dos stuff
POST beep codes
Some questions could a multiple correct answers but they are expecting you to pick the most correct answer out of the 4.
Jobs:
Desktop technician
Helpdesk
Computer Sales

This is a greate study tool.
http://www.examcram2.com/title/0789731312
Every one who got this book and studied it in my class passed the test.

NeuromancerWGDD'U

Hey, does anyone by chance know if there's an age limitation to taking the A+ certification test? I think I know where to start looking to take the test, but I'm not sure if you can't take it until you're X years old, or after X amount of education is completed, and I don't want to spend too much time bouncing around town unless I can actually take the test.

If you hadn't guessed (and at that magnitude of density, I'm pretty sure breathing is fatal :p ) I'm thinking of studyin' up and takin' the A+ cert.

Camper

I took it in high school when I was 17 so I don’t think there is an age or education limit and some of the students that took it with me were 16 at the time.

NeuromancerWGDD'U

From http://www.micro2000uk.co.uk/products/aplus/faqs.htm#aplus4

Q. What is the minimum passing score needed for the A+ exams?

A. The A+ exams use a scaled score format.

The scale score for the A+ Core Hardware and the A+ OS Technologies exams is between 100-900. The minimum score required to pass the A+ Core Hardware is 683. The minimum score required to pass the A+ OS Technologies exam is 614.

Note:
I've read several similar articles/FAQs, and they all had slightly varied requirements listed, so that's not necessarily exactly the scoring required.

Camper said:
I took it in high school when I was 17 so I don’t think there is an age or education limit and some of the students that took it with me were 16 at the time.
Thanks, I'm 15 now, but in a couple of months I'll be 16, and I'll probably be getting an A+ study guide for my birthday, so I think I'll go ahead and start studyin' up now.

Last edited:

Camper

In the mean time NeuromancerWGDD'U Google free a+ study questions. There is a lot of free study material online none as good as a study guide. The one study guide I posted has a text book and study questions book also it has the study questions in the on a cd rom (at lest the one I bought had it not to sure this dose) if it has the cd rom it will tell you areas your week in and it will tell you in the text book where to study.