Household Network

quagmondo23

I have a wireless network in my house.
Its pretty centered. There is 3 laptops that use it, my desktop and my xbox (wireless other side of house).

Basically, I was wondering how to improve speed. I was thinking of buying ethernet cable to go around to my desktop and xbox, would this work or is there something else i can do?

I have a 3mb down speed and its only me who needs more speed.

MrNah

Hey,
For the fastest speed the ethernet is your best bet! I used wireless for my playstation 3 for about a month until I got fed up with the frequent disconnecting and the slower speeds. I didn't even realize how much slower it was until I hooked it up directly! However if it needs to be wireless I definately suggest the Linksys WRT600N. Yes there going for about $220.00 cdn at my local futureshop and best buy, but my brother in-laws wireless internet and ps3 still works quite well considering its going threw 3 floors. (the pc get 65% with my new linksys wrt600n and only got 35 with the older linksys 2.4 ghz 54mbps) Ethernet is the best but if not and you want the speed go for the more expensive wireless routers.