WIndows 10 How can I remove/hide the "3D Objects" folder?

JohnJSal

This folder seems useless yet it's basically front and center (or at least, top and first!). I did a bit of searching and found several articles from a year or so ago that said Microsoft was finally removing it and that it was removed with an update, but I still have it on mine. Is there something else I need to do to remove it?

And is it safe to just uninstall the "3D Viewer" entry in the Start menu?

Thanks!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Why don't you just try things and see if it works?

Yes. You're fine.

JohnJSal

Why don't you just try things and see if it works?

Yes. You're fine.

Well, I right-clicked the folder and chose "Hide," but then that popped up other scary warnings, so I wasn't sure if I was messing with system stuff. I don't want to break anything that is integrated into Windows directly, which this folder seems to be.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well, I right-clicked the folder and chose "Hide," but then that popped up other scary warnings, so I wasn't sure if I was messing with system stuff. I don't want to break anything that is integrated into Windows directly, which this folder seems to be.
It isn't used by anything. I just deleted it on my PC.

JohnJSal

It isn't used by anything. I just deleted it on my PC.

How did you do that? I can't delete it from the "This PC" section in File Explorer, but I can delete it directly from the Users/<name> folder...but it still remains showing under "This PC," and clicking on it there pops up a dialog box saying it can't be found because it's been moved or deleted.

How can I completely remove it?