How do I keep windows from stealing my files?

johnnyb58

Windows 10 keeps locking my up desktop and demanding that I move everything to the cloud. When I say NO, it then says “Sorry to see you leave” and I’m locked out of everything with no desktop only a blue screen saying I can change my mind. It only allows me 1 choice and that is “continue”, but it starts uploading my files if I click on it and I have to hold the power button to shut it down.

johnnyb58

Can you try and take a screenshot? I've never seen this.
I can’t do anything while the blue screen is up, none of the key’s work and only the mouse pointer to click on “continue”. I don’t want to lose control of my computer right now while I'm in because I’m in the middle of something, but I’ll take a photo with my cell phone the next time it happens.

johnnyb58

I just did a restart on my laptop and it didn’t happen this time.

I had an update on both my desktop computer and my laptop and It happened on both computers immediately after the update, but a second time on my laptop after shutting it down for the night. I don’t think I’ve turned on my desktop since shutting it down and don’t want to just yet because it’s a bit of a hassle starting up.. It sometimes has trouble coming up and I only use to retrieve old files.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I've never seen this before either. Sounds more like possible malware then anything, why would one drive cause a blue screen?

Try booting to safe mode and disable one drive from starting at bootup by opening task manager and go to the startup tab.

johnnyb58

I don’t know what’s going on. First it asks if I want to make changes to add features which I always select ‘another time’ and then go on to my windows login, but only recently it locks up and sounds like it's downloading my files causing my network to bog down.

I recently moved all my files and photos to a flash drive so there’s only some current files on it now.