How do I know?

Halofreak410

New Member
Ok in the past I have gotten people to find processors compatible with my motherboard. I NEED to know myself how to find this out. Basically I need someone to explain how to find all the processors on newegg compatible with my motherboard. I DON'T NEED someone to find the processors compatible with my motherboard. Read carefully ;)
 
Look at the CPU socket on your motherboard, and the socket on your CPU. If they are equivalent, you know they are compatible. E.g. 775 socket supports most modern intel chips.

Another thing with Intel chips is to check whether or not the MOBO/CPU has 45nm support. For example you can't have a 45nm CPU such as Q6600, in a motherboard that doesn't support it, even if the socket is 775.

There may be some other things to watch with AMD, but I don't know as I've never used them.
 
take you motherboard name and model number google it (usually written across board)

say-"asus p5k pro specifications" and you will find a page with all the specs of the board!

thats all ive done in the past with other peoples computers when they are broke and need new parts.
 
Ok use my mobo as an example fill in the blanks with it when explaining.
Model: RC410-M
Shit i don't know what else there is I can put. Like how do i find what else i need to put lol. Sorry I'm a retard is that enough for you to find out if the processor is compatable with my mobo?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top