...how do i overclock with a retail computer?

TheNomad

okay, i have an hp M1070N with a P4 520 2.8 GHz Socket LGA775 and an Asus Puffer PTGD1-LA

the bios that you download from hp sucks, you can't overclock with it

so how would i go about overclocking?

lynx6200

In most cases you cant overclock a retail computer cause the manufacturer doesnt want you to, thats why there are no options for it in bios, they burn it out.

4W4K3

VIP Member
in most cases you don't.

even if it has the options to, i still wouldn't on a retail machine. the hardware is usually low-end, and overclocking it easily kills crappy hardware.

alanuofm

VIP Member
TheNomad said:
okay, i have an hp M1070N with a P4 520 2.8 GHz Socket LGA775 and an Asus Puffer PTGD1-LA

the bios that you download from hp sucks, you can't overclock with it

so how would i go about overclocking?

they lock out the bios to prevent people from calling and saying they fried something and did nothing at all.

SlothX311

depending on how shitty the hardware is, you can hardware overclock, by soldering, and crossing traces on the motherboard.......sometimres? :cool:

4W4K3

VIP Member
SlothX311 said:
depending on how shitty the hardware is, you can hardware overclock, by soldering, and crossing traces on the motherboard.......sometimres? :cool:

wow lol. while possible, i dont recommend it on any computer you actually want to keep and be able to use lol.

thats how you overclocked in the old days though.

apj101

VIP Member
depending on how shitty the hardware is, you can hardware overclock, by soldering, and crossing traces on the motherboard.......sometimres?
old school, but not applicable to new boards.