How do I remove the paragraph headers(?) in ms word?

Ba_Ba

my ms doc is filled with dots, arrows, and paragrah indicators of some kind...............and i dont know how remove them.

SEE ATTACHMENT

Attachments

• Computer Forum.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 93

Ba_Ba

Well, you know when you hit tab, the paragrah indents, right? but now when i hit tab, the paragraph indents but it is proceeded by an arrow.....also when i hit enter, some stupid paragraph symbol appears first, it looks like an double lined P.......like when i hit the space bar in ms word...a bunch of dots appears.....i dont know what i did... :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
Ba_Ba said:
Well, you know when you hit tab, the paragrah indents, right? but now when i hit tab, the paragraph indents but it is proceeded by an arrow.....also when i hit enter, some stupid paragraph symbol appears first, it looks like an double lined P.......like when i hit the space bar in ms word...a bunch of dots appears.....i dont know what i did... :confused: :confused:
That is caused by you enabling something or other...I searched extensively but I can't find where it is....look under the view and format tabs

Ba_Ba

I cannt find it either..............I tried all the stuff under view and formatting and it didnt do anything :confused:

Bobo

banned
Ba_Ba said:
I cannt find it either..............I tried all the stuff under view and formatting and it didnt do anything :confused:
I know that it is there...because I have done it:mad: damn my bad short-term memory.
Search MS help for "formatting symbols" and see what happens

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
look for show/hide special characters, it's a button on the toolbar and under tools->options->view tab then under formatting marks

Ba_Ba

YES it is gone! it was under tools/option/formatting........thanks a lot for the help............ :D :) :D