How do these parts look... (Version 2)

epidemik

Active Member
Well, these parts are completely different from my other thread so i decided to make another and hopefully the last one.


E7200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052

Zotac 8800GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500006

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128337

OCZ 2GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227078

Corsair 450VX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

Seagate 250GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148262


Will that PSU suffice?
Any recommendations? If you recomend other parts, try to keep them in about the same price as what I have posted.
 
Seagate makes significantly better drives. In recent years western digital has had reliablility issues. If you don't need the space stick with the seagate drive. If you do that particular WD looks alright.
 
PSU vix suggested looks good though right?

I'll think about the HD. I might just cough up the 10 bucks to get a seagate 320.
 
Okay, I think im getting the OCZ, the 250GB hd, and a MSI 4850

Hey I have that PSU, and I think its great. Havent had it for long, but installation went smooth, and its working well so far!

Oddly enough I have that vid card too, also a good buy. Its powering my 24in monitor very well! (but it runs pretty hot and i cant figure out how to cool it down lol)
 
Hey I have that PSU, and I think its great. Havent had it for long, but installation went smooth, and its working well so far!

Oddly enough I have that vid card too, also a good buy. Its powering my 24in monitor very well! (but it runs pretty hot and i cant figure out how to cool it down lol)

Google it. Theres a mod you can do to up the fan speed.


As for my build, I gotta run to work. I think i have it figured out so Ill post the parts im considering in about 2 hours.
 
Seagate makes significantly better drives. In recent years western digital has had reliablility issues. If you don't need the space stick with the seagate drive. If you do that particular WD looks alright.
Seagate makes good drives, but I'd have to disagree about WD reliability. In the past 15 years I've only had 4 drives fail me, two Maxtors and two Seagates. (Doesn't Seagate own Maxtor?) Western Digital drives, in my experience, have always performed admirably. It's why my main workstation runs on em'.

As far as the 3200AAKS, I've heard a lot of great things about that particular model, with the vast majority agreing that its amongst the fastest 7200 RPM SATA drives on the market.
 
Well boys (and a couple girls).

Its a done deal.
I just bought my new computer. Im soo stoked. Its such a huge upgrade from this POS i have now (in sig)
I upped the hd to 320 GB and added a DVD Burner cause the one i was getting used fell through.


Heres what i got:


E7200: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052
Saphire HD4850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102747
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128337
OCZ SXS 600W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010
WD 320GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136074
OCZ Platinum 2GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227139
Liteon DVD Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106263

Total: 583.94
After MIR: 508.94
 
Last edited:
Back
Top