How do you connect you laptop to net

narafa

You should have a modem in your notebook. The modem can be either an internal one or an external. Most notebooks have an internal modem.

You can simply find the place in your notebook where you can plug the phone jack, plug it, make sure that your modem drivers are fine and the modem is communicating correctly with your mother board, then establish an internet connectiont through the control panel, dial the number, and then you are connected.

That's the very generic case, now if you can be more specific telling us, what is the notebook type and specifications, what is the OS it is running, this would be great as it will help a lot in posting a specific reply to your inquiry.

Thanks.

Hellbreather

The same way that you would connect a PC to a computer.
But I will give you the basics :D
There should be a modem port on your computer, this should look like a phone icon about it.
Providing you have a phone socket near your laptop then get a phone cable and plug one end into your laptop socket and the other into the phone line that you want to connect to the internet from.
(I presume you are referring to Dial-up not Broadband)

narafa

hancocmc01 said:
How do u connect your laptop to your phone to establish an internet connect?
Thanks

Hellbreather said:
(I presume you are referring to Dial-up not Broadband)

He is talking about connecting the laptop to the phone dear friend, so he is talking about dialup :D

hancocmc01

My laptop is a compaq armada running on windows xp proffesional i want to connect my sharp gx10 through infared through the fone i have seen this done before. I can connect my phone to my laptop and hear a sound like buzzing saying that its connected but how do i set up an internet connection through them both

Thanks