How do you remove viruses?(i have my own way just see how others do it)

curtains

Hey all .. I just wanted to know how you guys remove viruses

I generally just go throught the processes and stuff .. and i use a program called hi jack this ..

is there like a fast effecent way or do you have to dig them out .. and what are good programs for this

its cause i find heaps of people asking me to remove viruses for them ...(like friends) and sometimes it just takes ages.

Pretty much i just wana know different methods and nice tools or tricks to the trade ..

GameMaster

Huh...just watch us here removing viruses and you'll know.
But it's alot easier when you have a physical access to the infected computer so... I don't know what virus would be too hard to remove using HijackThis, Nod32 ( updated ) and Unlocker Assistant.

Punk

Staff member
Using only Hijackthis won't do anything.

You need to delete the virus either manually or with other tools. You can check out how we do it here, GameMaster, Ceewi1 and Buzz1927 and I have removed many infections here.

adarsh

I generally just go throught the processes and stuff .. and i use a program called hi jack this ..

You just fix the entries that show up in the scan :O?

is there like a fast effecent way or do you have to dig them out .. and what are good programs for this

its cause i find heaps of people asking me to remove viruses for them ...(like friends) and sometimes it just takes ages.

Are you trained to remove trojans and viruses from other peoples computers?
If not, then I recommend that you undertake a training to prevent you from causing more damage than good.

Also, as suggested by GameMaster, just look at the experts and/or trainees fix the problems here. There are no shortcuts to removing viruses.