how long does it take

whateverd

hi,
how long does it take for your computer to start up?
i got a new laptop a couple of days ago and it takes a little longer than i expected. (Gateway AMD athlon 64 3400) My old centrino took about a minute to start up but gateway takes nearly two minutes. Is that normal? I tried to remove some of the autostart programs and deleted all the AOL junk that came with the computer, i also did the defragement thingy. but none of these would change my computer's performance. (i have loads of anti-virus programs that pop up when windows start. could that be a factor?)
isn't athlon 64 3400 supposed to be faster than centrinos?
thanks

Morb

;o(

If you're using WinXP I think that is normal thing. When I had on my laptom "clear-install"(system+few necessary applications) it have been starting very fast(till 1 minite approximately). But after install of some applications (10 - some of these bigger with higher-integration to windows) it taked 2 minutes and more ;-(with super tweaked system, all firmavers& drivers to mainboard, disks,.. was new, with pre-startup windows startup defragmentation, super registry tweak, startup optimization,...).

It is relative. But generaly I think that it is normal(I hate it ;o).

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah

It's fine I guess. Usually antivirus software and other such tools such as the firewall etc. take some time to load up. Add 4 messenger programs, windows components, monitoring tools and a download manager and the 2 minutes are just normal. I mean mine would start up in maximum 40 seconds some time ago...but now that I have so much more...it takes about a minute and a half. That does not bother me at all.

JAN :D