how long will 32bit survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

ive got crap pc now really 2000xp 256 ram 64mb graphics card, i want to know if i upgrade it to say 1gb ram and 2600xp 256mb graphics card,wud u guys advise me to upgrade, buy new pc or wait to buy 64 bit?!?!?

4W4K3

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
ive got crap pc now really 2000xp 256 ram 64mb graphics card, i want to know if i upgrade it to say 1gb ram and 2600xp 256mb graphics card,wud u guys advise me to upgrade, buy new pc or wait to buy 64 bit?!?!?

i'd upgrade it. im going to be getting an A64 system...but that doesnt mean im trashing this one. it'll still be useful to me if it runs. although i wouldnt put $1K's of dollars into your A32 system...just upgrade it with more ram/cpu/bettergfx card and it should be fine for quite a while.

robina_80

y r people gettin 64bit cpus coz no applications require dem at mo wots the point dats my question and wen dy do dyl become out of date really, yeah i mite aswell upgrade my pc instead of buying new 32 bit system coz in while everyone will be gettin into 64 bit

4W4K3

VIP Member
robina_80 said:
y r people gettin 64bit cpus coz no applications require dem at mo wots the point dats my question and wen dy do dyl become out of date really, yeah i mite aswell upgrade my pc instead of buying new 32 bit system coz in while everyone will be gettin into 64 bit

no offense...but maybe type slower/consider reading your posts b4 submitting them. there REALLY hard to interpret lol. i type bad when i go fast as well...slowing down will make it easier for people to understand you and want to talk to you.

ZER0X

VIP Member
robina_80 said:

The real beauty here lies in the Athlon64's ability to run current 32-bit applications and operating systems right now, and with "no" penalty. When 64-bit applications and OSes come to market, the Athlon64 will be ready to take advantage of them and still be able to run native 32-bit apps right alongside the 64-bit ones.

And it does play 32-bit apps now

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ive got crap pc now really 2000xp 256 ram 64mb graphics card, I want to know if I upgrade it to say 1gb ram and 2600xp 256mb graphics card,wud u guys advise me to upgrade, buy new pc or wait to buy 64 bit?!?!?
Either get a P4C or wait till the A64s drop in price. Also read through the threads you made about this very same topic

although I wouldnt put $1K's of dollars into your A32 system..
Hell for $1000 I can get a Socket939 system. I can sqeeuze a Socket754 into $500 --- and that CAD

y r people gettin 64bit cpus coz no applications require dem at mo wots the point dats my question and wen dy do dyl become out of date really, yeah I mite aswell upgrade my pc instead of buying new 32 bit system coz in while everyone will be gettin into 64 bit
LEARN TO TYPE OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING. IM SICK AND TIRED OF READING (OR ATTEMPTING TO READ) THIS GARBAGE.
LEARN TO TYPE OR YOU WILL BE BANNED. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING. IM SICK AND TIRED OF READING (OR ATTEMPTING TO READ) THIS GARBAGE.

THREAD TERMINATED.

Status
Not open for further replies.