How much data does online gaming use?

bigmac9787

I was wondering, I am unable to get any kind on land line internet at my home I live outside of all the cable companys service areas and AT&T's DSL lines are maxed out and they said they will not be running any new lines probally ever in my area. So I have been thinking about getting a Verision MiFi moble broadband connect card. The max data useage is I think 5Gb a month with a fee of aroud $10 a gig if you go over that.

It will be just me and my wife using the data, she will be on facebook and use it for school and I want to play games like I use to before we moved. I am looking to play BF3 on PS3 and Halo maybe on XBL as well as trying out SWTOR and Diablo 3 on PC. So what I am wondering is will the 5Gb a month be enough to allow any kind on decent play time. I can only play for maybe 2-3 hrs a night most weeknights and all weekend when im not buisy. I want to play but dont want to get stuck with a $500 internet bill also!

linkin

VIP Member
Ouch, sucks to have that internet. 5Gb a moth is piss poor, find something with more gigabytes per $

bigmac9787

Thats just it I cant. The only land line phone company in my area is AT&T and all the DSL lines they have are full and have been closed so that no new lines can be used. I live outside of any cable providers service area. Internet via DishNetwork or Direct TV is both too expenceive and slow and AT&T and Verizons moble broadband caps at 5Gb, Verizon offers a 10Gb a month but its almost $100 a month which is outragous!

I have the same Verizon, thing, only 5 gig, and you can forget online gaming. sorry man, but you can't do decent gaming, only smaller games like bf heroes. But you still need to be careful with that.

tech savvy

Sprint's Mobile Broadband is $79.99 a month for 12GB at 4g speeds. Also, Virgin Mobile offers unlimited usage for there Broadband2Go, which by the way usages Sprint's Nationwide 3G Network at $50 a month.

If you walk through walmart in there electronic section you will see all the carriers/plans offered by companies, which you can look through and find whats best for you.

bigmac9787

Sprint's Mobile Broadband is $79.99 a month for 12GB at 4g speeds. Also, Virgin Mobile offers unlimited usage for there Broadband2Go, which by the way usages Sprint's Nationwide 3G Network at $50 a month.

If you walk through walmart in there electronic section you will see all the carriers/plans offered by companies, which you can look through and find whats best for you.

Sprint and virgin as far as i know have very little service here. Just mostly att and verizon. I hate living in a small town tech wise....