How much does Bluetooth card cost?

matchoow

I was wondering if I bought a Bluetooth card for my Dell Inspiron, how much do those run for? Also, what brands are out there? If anyone could give me some suggestions. I can't wait to be able to sync up my Bluetooth things with my laptop.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what Bluetooth devicvs you get sometimes they come with a bluetooth thingy :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Depending on what Bluetooth devicvs you get sometimes they come with a bluetooth thingy :)

It has to be... hmm.. maybe.. .. well... yes.. it is. That was the most intelligent statement I have read from you Praetor. lol. You must be getting sleepy.. turn up those computer fans!

SFR

Truth fears no questions
oh.. my bad.

I have a cell phone that is bluetooth enabled. I recently found out that in the near future I will be able to - through my cell phone - unlock and lock the doors, lower and raise the windows, remotely start, and open the trunk of my car.

That is the power of bluetooth!

We do many things through radio frequencies, bluetooth takes it to another level. Being able to use multiple devices at home or in an office WITHOUT wires getting in the way, is virtually priceless (in my humble opinion). Bluetooth works with keyboards & mice and printers & fax machines at home or at work. (A retail store my company help set up, we used HP PDA's to gather and store information ranging from what aisle products need to be moved to.. to daily sales and labor reports and inventory all with bluetooth technology)

Infrared used to be the wireless way.. but that is LINE OF SIGHT... bluetooth is the future of wireless interaction.

check out that site (there are hundreds more...) http://www.bluetooth.com/

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a cell phone that is bluetooth enabled. I recently found out that in the near future I will be able to - through my cell phone - unlock and lock the doors, lower and raise the windows, remotely start, and open the trunk of my car.

That is the power of bluetooth!
... all within a 10 foot distance though .. until they get (or have gotten) their range stuff worked out :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
... all within a 10 foot distance though .. until they get (or have gotten) their range stuff worked out :)
THE start of any new idea has its quirks in the beginning. Over time the distance along with compatible devices will increase.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Bluetooth has been around for quite some time now ... and that's a fiarly significant fallacy ... you'd think....

SFR

Truth fears no questions
well... I think it is intended to be used within a small area. Such as my cell phone and a hands-free device or my printer. I do agree that the distance of Bluetooth is limited, but for most of its intended applications, it seems works just fine.

In my room, there are wires everywhere.(while they are organized.. it is still a clutter) If I had zero other bills I would buy (as you put it) a Bluetooth "thingy" for my printer.

I think the technology has been focused more on the diversity of compatible products rather on the distance bluetooth can travel.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well... I think it is intended to be used within a small area. Such as my cell phone and a hands-free device or my printer. I do agree that the distance of Bluetooth is limited, but for most of its intended applications, it seems works just fine.
I agree,.... the only reason i mentioned it was because you mentioned "garage door opener" :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I meant for my car... I was reading that instead of the key-chain alarm controller.... everything can be controlled through the cell-phone (and bluetooth)

boombaby

You could buy a USB Bluetooth dongle/adapter for around $80, it works just like a card but it has a little less distance coverage