How much would you pay??

goldtoes

I am thinking about selling my computer that I built about 2 weeks ago, and I am wondering how much someone would be willing to pay for this brand-new computer. The machine has only been turned on for the initial 72-hour burn in. Here are the specs.

Pentium D (Dual Core *64-bit) 3.0ghz
MSI P4N SLI-FI mobo (4gb max, 2 x1 slots, 2 x16 slots)
2gb DDR-667 PC5300 (Corsair - Lifetime Warranty)
GeForce 6800GT 256mb DDR3 PCI-E x16 (unbelievable card)
400gb Hard Drive (2x 200gb SATA Hard Drives)
Sony 16x DL DVD Burner (black)
Sony 16x DVD ROM, 48x CD ROM (black)
Sony 1.44mb Floppy Drive (black)
Thermaltake Black Gaming Case

Edit: Forgot - 600w Power Supply (Powmax)
ALSO INCLUDES:
Windows XP Pro (full)
Norton AntiVirus 2005 (year)
Spy Sweeper Full (year)

Would appreciate any replies. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

goldtoes

The only reason I am selling it is because I originally built the machine for a guy and he decided not to pay for it. Instead of taking him to court I figured I would just see what I can get for it. As you can see, it's worth quite a bit.

Oh and capt_ka check out I also added that is included Windows XP Pro, Norton 2005, and Spy Sweeper.

Last edited:

goldtoes

StasysPC said:
why not just sell it for whatever you were going to charge the original buyer

Well as you probably know there is usually a price difference between what a computer shop can sell custom PC's in-store and On eBay. eBay is usually a hell of alot lower, so I was just checking to make sure it would be worth it if you know what I mean.

StasysPC

Originally Posted goldtoes
Well as you probably know there is usually a price difference between what a computer shop can sell custom PC's in-store and On eBay. eBay is usually a hell of alot lower, so I was just checking to make sure it would be worth it if you know what I mean.

true...

StasysPC

Originally Posted by drunkbum222
I would pay somewhere around 1500-1700 range.

i don't think you could build that machine for 1500. unless I missadded somewhere. I'm sure he want's to make some profit...

XHotxEx791

Hmm, an estimate of costs would be $2000+labor. But everyone that can afford systems like that usually build their own or order from monarch or other manufacturers or like your customer, have a friend build it. If possible, sell it to another customer/friend or try to ebay it, but don't expect a profit. Are you trying to advertise?

Roger

drunkbum222

Well you better post the links to the stuff because I just did the same build to see how much it is and I got everything for $1424

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
At 10A on the 12V rail, im surprised you managed to pull off the 72hrs on the 830 there,

CPU ... $340
MOBO ... $210
RAM .. what's the series? ... in either case .. $210
6800GT ... $415
Everything else ... $165 (subject to change when you specify what the actual parts are...)
...$970 tops