how often do you have to re-install windows

LittleHoov

theoretically you never have to, but it gets done somewhat often..people do it for various reasons, whether it be there computer has developed some sort of critical error, or somtimes people feel their machine is getting bogged down with stuff and they just want to start over...but there is no set time to re-install it, its just a personal thing or a necessity.

narafa

I usually re-install windows every 6 month. This is my average, however, one time I re-installed windows after a full 1 year. It depends on many factors, you might not need to re-install your windows that often if you are not installing too many programs, you don't get any spyware or adware from the internet, and many many other factors.

Aem

I've had my laptop for 2 years and haven't re-installed windows, But you have to keep on-top of everything on your computer, it soon gets bogged down with useless stuff, or it decides to spend all of its rescources doing things you don't want it to do.

Charlie7940

I usually re-install windows every 6 month.

As do I. I feel it's good to do it about every sixth months. Sometimes there's so much garbage on your computer you don't realize it. A fresh install makes everything feel new and run smoother.

cthomas10uk

Charlie7940 said:
As do I. I feel it's good to do it about every sixth months. Sometimes there's so much garbage on your computer you don't realize it. A fresh install makes everything feel new and run smoother.
i agree .... mine gets cramped with loss data floating in the air doing nothin, ive i think 6 months is decent time for your computer to be cleaned