How should I part this laptop out...selling

bradleyheathhays

I've got a Lenovo E 535 ThinkPad laptop I hardly ever used and kept around as a backup. Recently I went to boot it up and after charging nothing happened. I took it to a professional computer repair guy and he said it's toast; said something about a known problem with the motherboard. He suggested I just part it out or sell it outright.

So I'm wondering...what's the best way to sell this carcass of a computer to get the most out of it? Should I take the memory, hard drive or anything else out and sell them separately, or should I just let the whole thing go as one item?

Also, could anyone translate this line found on a sticker on the back that denotes the computer's stats...

Lenovo E535 A10 - 4600m 2.3/6/750/DR/15.6/W7P-W8

Only thing I get out of that is a 15.6" monitor.

Also, I'm not sure how to describe this memory if I were to sell it. Can anyone translate this sticker and let me know how I should advertise this memory? Thanks.

mem 1.JPG

mem 2.JPG

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It has a 4600m 2.3 ghz dual core 4 thread cpu
6gb of ram
750gb hard drive
dvdrw drive
15.6 inch screen
Windows 7 pro or windows 8

That machine is almost 10 years old, you won't get much if anything for it anyway.

Darren

Staff member
Don't waste your time, recycle it. You could MAYBE get like 20-30 bucks for the RAM.

That said if it doesn't even boot, I wouldn't in good faith sell any of the parts without knowing the problem. To me it sounds like the tech just didn't want to mess with it, and I don't really blame him.

beers

Staff member
You could MAYBE get like 20-30 bucks for the RAM.
I think you can start rolling 16G kits around that cost.

You might also be able to flip the CPU for $30 or so, but there's honestly nothing else of value on that system.