How to block annoying pop up car ads

peter912

How can I block an annoying car ad pop up ad . It comes on for a few seconds, I think it is called carprice and shows the picture of a car to buy. I went to cookies site permissions and my Pop Ups Block icon is set to the on position but still this ad can pop up ? This is in Microsoft Edge.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try ublock origin and see if it helps. What is the website and i'll see if it happens to me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is it carprice.com or ccarprice.com? If ccarprice.com that seems like its a shotty website. I've been on carprice.com site for a few minutes now and nothing has popped up for me. I use ublock origin in firefox. carprice.com is also not a secure website.

peter912

Is it carprice.com or ccarprice.com? If ccarprice.com that seems like its a shotty website. I've been on carprice.com site for a few minutes now and nothing has popped up for me. I use ublock origin in firefox. carprice.com is also not a secure website.
It is ccarprice.com The popups occur when I am not on that web site. It shows the picture of cars that are for sale and they come from that web site

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is this popup in the lower right hand corner? If so, you probably by mistake allowed that site to send you notifications maybe. Go into settings and then site permissions. Make sure notifications are disabled for that webpage. And as I said, www.ccarprice.com looks like a shotty website with the layout it has. I wouldn't trust it.

Maybe run Malwarebytes to scan for malware.

peter912

Is this popup in the lower right hand corner? If so, you probably by mistake allowed that site to send you notifications maybe. Go into settings and then site permissions. Make sure notifications are disabled for that webpage. And as I said, www.ccarprice.com looks like a shotty website with the layout it has. I wouldn't trust it.

Maybe run Malwarebytes to scan for malware.
Yes, the pop up's were appearing in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I went to settings and disabled notifications for that webpage. It was set at allow before. Let's see if that takes care of it.