how to get windows os in windows os

clayten

Hello,

I'm trying to get an emulator or a virtual pc. What I want to do is to load windows 98 into windows xp. So that you can get windows 98 in a window, that you can minimize to the taskbar in windows xp. You wont get a choise of OS's on booting up.(I hope this isn't cofussing).I've read in a magazine somewhere that there is a program that will allow you to do this but I cant find it.(i think it was PCFormat). Please can you tell me what that program was called, or if you know of another way of doing it.

Many thanx

Clayten

Well Microsoft purchased Connectix, and now owns Virtual PC. There is a version of Virtual PC for Windows that does exactly what you are looking to do.

Morb

I think that I know what you have on mind. You are looking for software which works like a host for another system.(host under winXP)

I am using "WMware Workstation(version 4.5 AFAIK, though I don't remember actual "build" version). It's program which give you possibility to run(under this soft) another operating system(or multiple systems at one time with full networking capabilities between those "clients" systems and "client-to-host" systems). There isn't any boundary what you can do with this kind of "emulator" software so far. It is generally used for testing purposes as well for "try-mistake" learning :) . Possibilities about utility is only limited by your knowledge about this soft. and emulating-"virtual"(client) operating system.

So conclusion is that this is great software for everyone. From beginners to advanced-professionals.

But it is only shareware, if you want to use it in legal way ;)