how to install...

bl1tzk1213g

im about to order an AMD64 3000+, DFI LAN Party 250gb NF3 mobo, and Thermaltake SILENT BOOST For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64.

this is going to be my first time installing a CPU and Motherboard. i just want to kno how to install the heatsink and how much thermal grease needed. i've read a couple of articles on how but i still dont kno how much thermal grease or how thin its gotta be.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
this is going to be my first time installing a cpu and motherboard. I just want to kno how to install the heatsink and how much thermal grease needed
1. install the hsf carefully (the fan comes with a nice pictured installation guiide)
2. as for the amount of thermal paste, use just a weeeeeee weeee bit (so that you cover the surface of the chip with a barely opqaue layer) then you're good

here's a good resource too:
Socket939 guide

bl1tzk1213g

yea i saw that too, but dont u think the paste they applied was kinda too thick? well i dont really kno, cause of the angle... im scared of putting to much and might affect my CPU and i dont want to put to thin or i might get a very high temp... btw... my heatsink fan, im planning on overclocking my computer when i get a better PSU, u think that heatsink fan will do?

bl1tzk1213g

yea, i made a mistake in my order, i think i put a wrong info so i canceled it. now i got the venus 12 =D im so glad hahaha. u kno what a good CHEAP PSU? about 450w