How to put "Willamette P4/Celeron" with "SIS655TX"?

arpcpro

Hello

I have a "socket 478 1800Mhz Pentium 4" with 256k of cache, and I would like to know if the motherboard ASUS P4S800D-E with SiS 655TX chipset, will support my processor.

I know it works with 1.75v of core voltage and i think that the codename is Willamette P4

Asus technical support doesn't reply to my emails, and the motherboard manual is confuse because it says the vcore voltage can go up to 1.950v, but its only for 0.13 micron processors. Mine must be a 0.18.

Does any motherboard with SIS655TX supports Willamette. I know that Gigabyte motherboard doesn't support it!

I have an Asus with Intel 850 at the moment, but the problem is that I have only 2x128MB of memory, and I need more.

The cost of buying 2x256 RIMMs, is not much less as buying a new motherboard with 2x512MB of DDR400.

After buying a new one I can sell the RIMMs and the old motherboard, and the new board would have SATA, USB2, Gigabit LAN, AGP 8x, RAID, Prescott support, etc.

I just need to know if the processor will function, and I will not get less performance.

I cannot buy one board based on 875/865 because they would only work in DDR266 mode.

best regards and thank you all

_
( ((
\ =\
__\_ `-\
(____))( \----
(____)) _
(____))
(____))____/----

Rick G

Yes you can use your little P4. But why? A new 2.4c is only $165 and will readily overclock to over 3.0 ghz and will have a 800 fsb.