How To Record Xbox 360?

JTM

New Member
Hi,
How do you record Xbox 360 gameplay on your pc. I have a TV tuner with all inputs for the Xbox (Yellow, Red, White). What I don't have is software. It seems they don't have Hauppage software for my WinTv HVR 1800. I have tried Virtual VCR but there is controller to monitor lag? What are some good free programs?

Thanks,
JTM
 
My Hauppage card does the same thing (the lag). I'm pretty sure it's the actual card that is the issue there rather than the software. It has almost a buffer of some sort. Obviously a 1 second buffer wouldn't matter for watching tv or anything of that nature but it does make quite a lot of difference if you're trying to play video games. I would suggest getting a video splitter and hooking up the xbox to a tv as well as your computer. This way you can play while looking at your tv without lag and record with your computer. I'm not sure what software would be the best for doing this though.
 
Back
Top