How to use compute on TV?

Oakley

New Member
Hello,

Well I am looking at purchasing a used desktop from craigslist. Something simple not to fancy to use on my TV.

I have a Insignia 42'' Plasma, How would I go about hooking up a PC tower to the machine?

If I get a PC with HDMI, Can I just hook it up to the HDMI port on the TV?
I won't be using the PC much on the TV, Just to check emails and that is.

So how would I go about doing this guys.

Unless... there is a way to install Yellowdog onto the PS3 slim but I only think it works on the PS3 phat.

Thanks,
 
Hello,

Well I am looking at purchasing a used desktop from craigslist. Something simple not to fancy to use on my TV.

I have a Insignia 42'' Plasma, How would I go about hooking up a PC tower to the machine?

If I get a PC with HDMI, Can I just hook it up to the HDMI port on the TV?
I won't be using the PC much on the TV, Just to check emails and that is.

So how would I go about doing this guys.

Unless... there is a way to install Yellowdog onto the PS3 slim but I only think it works on the PS3 phat.

Thanks,

I suppose it could be done with HDMI or composite though I've never tried it that way. Any TV like that I have has PC (vga) or s-video and I have hooked up that way.
 
Last edited:
You can do it through hdmi but be warned that some older cards don't support audio through the hdmi. It's pretty much plug and play though.
 
Back
Top