Hows my PC?

Shiwen

Can cost around $2000. Not a heavy gamer, but will be playing games occasionally. Everything is in Australian Dollars. And is everything compatible?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 $389

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 120Gb 7200 8Mb cache SATA Hard Disk $115.50

VGA: ASUS EN6600GT-TD-128 GF6600 GT/ 128MB/ TV-OUT/ DV-I/ PCI EXPRESS $305.80

Ram: Kingston HyperX 2x512Mb (1Gb) PC3200 CL2 Memory Kit $264.00

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum ATX AMD S-939 M/B PCIE, SATA, DDR400, 7.1 SOUND $229.00

Case: Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T01 Black (400W PSU) $104.50

K/M: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 $121.00

Monitor: LG 19" Flat T910B CRT Monitor $335.50

DVD: LG GSA-4163BBK Dual Layer 16x DVD+R/-R/RW/RAM/DL Writer BLACK $89.00

Floppy: 1.44Mb Floppy Disk Drive $16.10

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value $99.00

Total: $2068.40

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Yeah, that should be a great rig for any game that's out there right now..., you should be able to push the graphics a bit, too :)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Well, that LX700 is about $70 US, so you can do the math from there... I wonder, where are you getting those parts from???

Shiwen

I am getting most of the parts from centrecom.com, and a few from i-tech and the cpu from cpl.com.au

anyone here from australia that knows any good companies?

Shiwen

so everything's good?

EDIT: I was wondering if i should change my case to something more stylish and better looking. Could anyone recommend me a black case?

Last edited:

Scrat

Hi Shiwen. I got my stuff from www.custo.com.au in silverwater sydney then built it myself.

It cost me all up AU$1650.00 for everything in my signature except i added the second 512MB Ram & 80GB SATA later, and i already had WinXP.

I did a quick check of their prices for you but they are about $10 more expencive on most, but you can get a 1GB(2x 512Mb) GEIL PC3200 kit for AU$159.50

Also if you live in sydney you could also try the Computer Markets at North Rocks Westfield on the weekends.

EDIT: the price is abit low cos i just got a $55 case :D

mypc8pk.jpg

Last edited:

Shiwen

Thanks for replying. But I live in Melbourne. Is it worth getting the cheaper ram, then getting another thing which is a bit better?
I was thinking of getting the thermaltake soprano. It looks nice, is it suitable?

Clearion

Ookeeey, thats expensive=/ stuff like that would go for around 800€ (about 1000$) in Europe. i'm thinking about Beyonds reply...

Shiwen

its a bit too expensive...and i like the soprano, it looks really nice. is there anything i can get cheaper or spend more on?
oh yeah... and should i buy a cd drive as well as a dvd drive?

Geoff

VIP Member
Shiwen said:
Thanks for replying. But I live in Melbourne. Is it worth getting the cheaper ram, then getting another thing which is a bit better?
I was thinking of getting the thermaltake soprano. It looks nice, is it suitable?

yes and no, for the most part its a much better deal, but i got the cheap ram from newegg ($35 for 512mb) and i get some error messages about memory when i play games sometimes, so i would go with corsair value or something.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Last edited:

tomb08uk

Get the Antec Plus View 1000, its metal gray though not black bit is brill......loads of space and a solid case.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
DVD: LG GSA-4163BBK Dual Layer 16x DVD+R/-R/RW/RAM/DL Writer BLACK $89.00
I'd have a look at nonLG drives for performance, functionality and the all-important lifespan

Case: Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T01 Black (400W PSU) $104.50
Whats the PSU that comes with ths?

Can someone please tell me how much those parts would cost in USD?
Im quite sick of seeing these threads. Go help yerself at www.xe.com

in massachusetts, you can get a stick of 512m ddr 400 ram for only 30 bucks, ofcourse you'll have to do all the mail in rebates but its still a good deal
Granted but that's probably noname/generic memory? :)