How's this build sound?

Lotesto88

New Member
I am planning on building a computer in the coming weeks, I'm going to use this computer for school, and home use. I need a lot of space for music and movies. I need the computer to run flawlessly when I'm running Photoshop CS3. This is what I have come up with. Any comments would be appreciated.

OS Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148261

Data Hard Drive: Seagate 750GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148134

Mobo: Foxxconn http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186116

CPU: Int4el Core 2 Duo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115052

Memory: 4GB total = 2x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

Graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130085

Disk Drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106228

I'm not sure if I even need to hard drives, or if I should get a more expensive CPU, or Mobo? IDK, I need some guidance on my first build. Haha. Thanks!!! :)
 
Looks really nice, apart from the MoBo. I've heard Foxconn makes some really crappy mobos, I'd pick a Gigabyte or Asus (both great, known names with good reputation)
 
it is the fastest 7200 RPM HDD on the market an it is faster than the new 300G raptor in 90% of tests

Let's see, 640GB WD 7200RPM = $94.99

300GB WD 10,000RPM = $299.99

Without doubt, it is faster. But at that cost, I doubt it would fit in his budget...

I am planning on building a computer in the coming weeks, I'm going to use this computer for school, and home use. I need a lot of space for music and movies. I need the computer to run flawlessly when I'm running Photoshop CS3.

He isn't going to do any hardcore gaming or saving 100GB files. I doubt he'll see much of a difference.
 
I would like to stay somewhere around 700-800, as I'd like to get the HP 22 inch HD monitor which would put me around $1000. So my budget would be somewhere around 700. I still don't know if I'm better off with a separate hard drive for the OS, or if that only comes into play with gaming rigs. One more question, I plan on getting everything on Newegg, would it be best to get everything at once, or get things when I see a good price on them.

Is it really worth it to get a 10,000 RPM hard drive versus a 7200, because it's almost triple the cost?

Thansk for all the replies so far!
 
Back
Top