Hp Compaq d530 SFF won't boot, please help.

Siege

Hi, a few days ago I got a Hp Compaq d530 SFF. When I try to boot it with a bootable cd, it only comes to a black screen with a little white line: _ that is blinking. And thats all.

I can enter the bios and booting options and everything. And when I chose the cd-rom in the boot menu it only comes to the blinking white line.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Siege

All types

I've been trying all kinds of different disks, WinXp, Linux ect. but it seems like the computer doesn't want to boot them. I chose to boot from the cd-rom but it only results in a black screen with the white line.

I could also mention that if i pull out the harddrive there comes a message: "Non-system disk or disk error replare and strike any key when ready" but if i let the HDD stay plugged inn i get the black screen.

Siege

No

No? The harddrive that I have put in has windows on it but it does not boot it.
I have also tried changing the cd-rom but to no good.

Siege

Press the button:
Big picture with Pentium 4 and Hp invent.
And on the bottom of the picture there are some options:
v01.11 (F9=Boot menu) (F10=Setuo) (F12= Network Service Boot)

Then after å few seconds the picture dissapears and a black screen comes up, where F1:boot is highlighted in blue and i have the option to chose either: boot menu, setup or Network Service Boot.

If I then chose boot as I have been doing and then chose either harddrive or cd-rom, the screen continues to the black screen with the little white line; _ (blinking)

Bodaggit23

So you pressed F9 at startup to boot from XP disc.

It just doesn't work? What version of XP is it? Or Linux?

Siege

Yes, i pressed F9 to boot. It's a Windows Xp Professional Corprate 32-bit, and a Linux Ubuntu 32-bit.

Siege

I changed the memory sticks on it. At first i had 4 pieces of 256 MB, wich i swithed out with one other 256 memory stick. Now it will boot and I am installing Windows Xp.

I hope everything goes well after this.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

brainless

Hey Seige Plz Give me a Response ..

Hi Seige how r u dude .. ??
Mate I am facing the same problem and I have Hp compaq D530 desktop CPU .. PLz gimme a reply what should I do to get red of this .. ??
I m in deep trouble ..
I'll be waiting for an early reply of ur'z at [email protected]
Thanks in Advance .. :)) :)

brainless

Hi Seige how r u dude .. ??
Mate I am facing the same problem and I have Hp compaq D530 desktop CPU .. PLz gimme a reply what should I do to get red of this .. ??
I m in deep trouble ..
I'll be waiting for an early reply of ur'z at [email protected]
Thanks in Advance .. :)

Nisse

Same problem with d530

I had a fully functioning d530 SFF (2.8 Ghz P4) until yesterday. Earlier I have tweaked it (added AGP card, changed RAM to 2 x 512, changed OS several times) and it has functioned just fine. Now I wanted to change the original 40 GB disk to a spare Samsung 250 GB and install windows 7, and then Ubuntu or Mint for dualboot. But it just won´t boot from any CD or DVD! I have tried ubuntu, xp and Win7. Here´s a brief list of what I have checked:
- Master slave settings/jumpers
- Cables
- Running ubuntu from DVD station only (i.e. plugged off HDD completely)
- Checked BIOS and all relevant settings with boot order etc.
- F9
- Tried another DVD station
- Read tons of threads on forums
--> It just won´t boot! The DVDs spins up a little bit but never starts to "humm off". No relevant error messages appear

I have not tried (yet):
- to reset BIOS (probably won´t help and I want to start off with the AGP card).
- change/swap RAM sticks

What elese could it be?
The HP d530´s are lean mean old office machines. It´s a free extra old computer that I have hade plugged into the TV. Nice for youtube, www, XBMC, older PC games etc. Help med Jebus!