HP DV-7 3060us with dead LCD / and I need the pin-out for the 40 pin video cable

stushug

My HP Pavilion dv7 LCD died the other day. When I removed it to check the location of the 40 pin connector, I found a burnt IC on the back of the screen. I purchased a new LCD and a new video cable online. When I installed the new LCD it did not light up at all so I installed the new video cable. That did not solve the problem either. I need to find the pin-out of the 40 pin connector, at the very least to check if the MB/video adapter is sending any type of signal or power to the new LCD. I've attached a picture of the video cable for reference.
Can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• 20221114_093434.jpg
    20221114_093434.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 3

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I don't know why you think we'd know this.

Something on the motherboard is probably fried.

stushug

You're saying no one on this site could possibly know the pin-out of a video cable, or possibly have already run into this particular problem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You're saying no one on this site could possibly know the pin-out of a video cable, or possibly have already run into this particular problem?
This isn't a very busy forum anymore. There are only a few veteran members still posting here. If i'm not mistaken the DV7 is quite old at this point and I would just get a new laptop.

stushug

This isn't a very busy forum anymore. There are only a few veteran members still posting here. If i'm not mistaken the DV7 is quite old at this point and I would just get a new laptop.
No problem, I figured I had nothing to lose by asking. You're right, my laptop dates back to around 2007 or 2008 if I remember correctly.
Thanks!