HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus has white streaks only in the "Blue" print Cartridge (I attempted cleaning the printhead).

iKokomo

I got a free HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus that works great in black and white, but whenever I print in color, the blue ink has white lines/streaks through it.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue with this printer? The test page (screenshot attached) says if there are white streaks, clean the printhead.

I did try to clean the printhead, but maybe I did it wrong? If it is the printhead, how should I clean it?

IMG_0057.jpeg

beers

Staff member
That's probably why it was free, something specific to the cyan head although it looks better down the page after it had been printing. If you print another one is it the same behavior.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can try cleaning it a few times, but you'll go through the ink. Just use the printers built in program for that. Sometimes it gets so bad that they have to be professionally cleaned but that costs money and is the printer actually worth it?

Darren

Staff member
10 year old HP All in One Printer with issues? Color me not remotely surprised. Probably not worth the effort to mess with it beyond what you've already done.