HP Ze4500 error codes?

supra441979

I have a HP ZE4500 that powers on fans running but no display. It powers on the off 5 times. When it does that All the lights flashe each time and at the 5th time power goes off and all the lights stay on. Is that a error code? 5 flashes with all the lights on?:eek:

tractorboy

so you do see this error code on the LCD ?
Try removing the battery, I know thay sounds bazar, it happened to me, seems that batterys are "smart" now and the internal battery circuitry has gone bad. Also could be ram...MAKE SURE THE NOTEBOOK IS OFF...UNPLUG POWER SUPPLY AND REMOVE THE BATTERY. Remove and reseat your ram. If it is 2 sticks try one at a time.

supra441979

tractorboy said:
so you do see this error code on the LCD ?
Try removing the battery, I know thay sounds bazar, it happened to me, seems that batterys are "smart" now and the internal battery circuitry has gone bad. Also could be ram...MAKE SURE THE NOTEBOOK IS OFF...UNPLUG POWER SUPPLY AND REMOVE THE BATTERY. Remove and reseat your ram. If it is 2 sticks try one at a time.

I have try all that already. Only thing is that I only have 1 ddr installed. So I don't have a another one test out. I have seen where the RAM was bad and it does what is was doing,but I don't know the error code it's giving me. The LCD doesn't not light up. It powers on and off 5 times with all the light blinking.