I bought the HVR-950 from Hauppauge and I'm not fully understanding what it's capable of... ($30 how could I not?). the lingo is confusing the heck outta me
I'm new to tv tuners and I'm curious what this will pick up. I currently have Shaw HD cable (here in Canada) and the cable connection goes into my HD cable box. So far I'm plugged into the coax and I get about 40 analog stations. poor quality. if I put a digital box in between the cable and the tuner would I get the digital signal that I get on my tv? and would I need a better tuner to pick up the hd signal?
If I was to get a HDTV tuner card would I be able to plug in the cable directly to the tuner card and take the cable box out of the equation entirely? Like, be able to change channels, record, etc on my HTPC. Is that possible?
thanks for any help and info you can send my way
I'm new to tv tuners and I'm curious what this will pick up. I currently have Shaw HD cable (here in Canada) and the cable connection goes into my HD cable box. So far I'm plugged into the coax and I get about 40 analog stations. poor quality. if I put a digital box in between the cable and the tuner would I get the digital signal that I get on my tv? and would I need a better tuner to pick up the hd signal?
If I was to get a HDTV tuner card would I be able to plug in the cable directly to the tuner card and take the cable box out of the equation entirely? Like, be able to change channels, record, etc on my HTPC. Is that possible?
thanks for any help and info you can send my way