(I Believe) Asus a8n5x Problem

MagGoT_4_liFE

Hey all, got a problem, came to see if you could give me some advice...

I bought some parts for a new setup afew months ago...
I have:
AMD 3700+ San Diego
500w Coolermaster PSU
1 gig corsair xms ram
Asus x1950PRO Gpu
And of course, am a8n5x mobo

It was working fine for a while, but then one day it just didnt boot. I was recieving a red light on the gpu (no power). Normally, I figured it was the psu, but I used my tester, and I was getting power on the 12v (and everything elese)
Then I thought it might be the vid card, so I got a replacement. Still no go, I was getting the same light...

So is this my mobo? or could my power tester not be showing FULL power. What do you experts think I should do?

Thx...

Iluvpenguins

in my opinion,theres a good chance it is infact the motherboard,if you have a motherboard you can test on,i'm sure you can single it out as the culprit.

MagGoT_4_liFE

in my opinion,theres a good chance it is infact the motherboard,if you have a motherboard you can test on,i'm sure you can single it out as the culprit.

ya, my hunch is that it is too, but i dont have a spare mobo. What i might do is go buy a rly cheap one or see if i can boot it on my firends psu, but his pc is somewhat old, hopefully it will work and save me some $$. I stil have the mobo under warenty, but I know if i send it to asus and its not broken, ill be screwed. Thanks 4 ur input

Iluvpenguins

im having difficulties with my asus board too,my problem is i'm not sure if i should send it to asus,because i don't have a 2nd motherboard i can use.

MagGoT_4_liFE

im having difficulties with my asus board too,my problem is i'm not sure if i should send it to asus,because i don't have a 2nd motherboard i can use.

Its kind of a shame, because ntil this board, ive had no problems with asus.

What model do you have?
and what problem, is it similar? Because if it is, I'll tell u how my experiences go...

Iluvpenguins

nope,my problem isn't similar,my problem is with ninja's attacking my computer (i think). This mobo is an A8N-VM,so it isn't the same,but it is asus and its a little confusing because Asus have generally had few problems.