i had a couple of problems

lilpaul2019

i have built alot of computers but yesterday i was building a amd 64 with sata hard dirve one raptor 36gb and one regular 200gb so i am fininshed installing parts and tell u the truth for sata i never had more than one hd before but this time i did so i got to installing windows and it was good on the raptor but i do not know what the good things about sata are like the sttriping and stuff never got a chance to learn and i finally got the system to work i installed the drivers in safe mode and now the 200 gb wasn't working i went to my compter manege and found it there and format it and out of 200 it came out to be 127 gb i was freaked out i really done get y if anyone knows plz suggest somthing and if there is some website with the basics on sata plz refer me to it cuz i have done one sata drive but not 2 and my setup was

CHAINTECH nForce3 250 Chipset
AMD 64 2800
PDP pc3200 2gb

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
drives over ~125gb need some special setting for windows XP to recognize the full size of the drive, who makes the hd? usually the manufacturer will have a guide on their website to set it up properly.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
have built alot of computers but yesterday I was building a amd 64 with sata hard dirve one raptor 36gb and one regular 200gb so I am fininshed installing parts and tell u the truth for sata I never had more than one hd before but this time I did so I got to installing windows and it was good on the raptor but I do not know what the good things about sata are like the sttriping and stuff never got a chance to learn and I finally got the system to work I installed the drivers in safe mode and now the 200 gb wasn't working I went to my compter manege and found it there and format it and out of 200 it came out to be 127 gb I was freaked out I really done get y if anyone knows plz suggest somthing and if there is some website with the basics on sata plz refer me to it cuz I have done one sata drive but not 2 and my setup was
1. Install SP1
2. You will still have a 127GB per partition limit so make more partitions