I hate HP.

c4rlst4l

This is not a question just if you wonder.
Look I have bought a HP Laptop 5 months ago and I to this day have it on a shelf on its OG Box, AND I HATE IT.
And I also have a HP Printer that I also bought 5 months ago with the laptop (It was a combo)
And I'm going to go to every problem I've had with those 2 HP Products;
With the laptop:
Look ever since I bought it, I started it up for the 1st time and it was SLOW.
Really,
Really,
Slow.
And I noticed that there was a Crap-ton of BloatWare Installed on it.
I uninstalled it and IT WAS STILL SLOW!
So obviously the 1st thing that came to my mind was "Maybe a restart would help"
Nope.
"Maybe a factory reset?"
Nope again.
I fired up CDI (CrystalDiskInfo) And I noticed the HARDDRIVE WAS BROKEN FROM THE FACTORY????
At that time I didn't have money to buy a hard drive nor ssd so I had a broken hard drive and a broken laptop.
I went back to where I bought it (Yes I bought it on a local store) And they kept saying "The laptop says the warranty Is expired!?"
I showed them the receipt and they STILL wouldn't accept the laptop since they thought "I broke the hard drive"
Great.
Next thing I tried was calling the HP Support.
They didn't even respond.
Just great.
I think I got scammed.
Then I started playing some games. (Roblox to be exact, and it has a Ryzen 3 3200u and Vega 3, It has the specs to run it so it should be fine, Right?)
Well no.
It started running at like 15-25 FPS.
THATS GREAT!
I tried from cleaning the vents, to re-placing the thermal paste, to even trying to OC it and even install different operating system's to it,
Nothing.
I've tried manjaro, PopOS, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Ubuntu, Hackintosh, AND EVEN WINDOWS 11.
Nothing at all.
*2 months later*
I've finally re-placed the hard drive for a ssd!
Lets see finally how games play!
*40-50 FPS*
Okay, cool!
*5 minutes later*
It started stuttering.
BADLY.
AND IT ALSO STARTED LAGGING.
I checked the FPS Counter.
*2 FPS 101º*
MAN WHAT THE FU-
I tried re-placing thermal paste again, cleaning vents.
AND IT WAS STILL THERMAL THROTTLING!
So wanna know what I did?
I started saving up money for a new computer.
Not a laptop.
Not a pre-built.
A custom build.
*1 month later*
Finally, I have all the parts!
*Builds the computer*
Lets see how this game runs!
*143 FPS 29º*
Specs if u mind:
i3-8100 (I think), GTX 1660 4GB/8GB (I forgot), 16GB Ram, 2tb harddrive and a 120gb ssd for the os.
It was WAYYYYYYY Better than the HP.
Lesson for you, folks!:
Don't buy a pre-built and build one yourself.
The end.
Problems I have with the printer:
The printhead broke just after 2 days of using it and 4 days later it broke.
It wouldn't turn on, nothing.
THE END.
Damn that story was short-
Alright hope you liked this story I hope you have a nice day.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Was it a refurbished laptop? Refurbished have short warranties like 90 days. HP products are total crap and never buy a system without an SSD, SSD's should be standard right now. Installing windows to a regular HDD is just stupid. Their printers are a joke as well.

That Ryzen 3200u is only a dual core cpu at 2.6 ghz, don't buy anything less than a quad core cpu today. You never listed how much ram it had but I bet it was only 4gb which is sad again when 8gb should be minimum now.

You aren't the only one that has had problems with HP products. In 2001 or 2002 I bought an cheap HP for my kids to use, it was garbage. I had bought an HP printer, don't remember when and it broke within a few months. I bought another one, which was better model and it only lasted a few months. I'll never buy anything HP again. I do build my own systems now and only use Brother printers.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with HP but it is normal and has been for years, their build quality is not where is should be. They build cheap crap just to say they sell the most stuff.

c4rlst4l

Was it a refurbished laptop? Refurbished have short warranties like 90 days. HP products are total crap and never buy a system without an SSD, SSD's should be standard right now. Installing windows to a regular HDD is just stupid. Their printers are a joke as well.

That Ryzen 3200u is only a dual core cpu at 2.6 ghz, don't buy anything less than a quad core cpu today. You never listed how much ram it had but I bet it was only 4gb which is sad again when 8gb should be minimum now.

You aren't the only one that has had problems with HP products. In 2001 or 2002 I bought an cheap HP for my kids to use, it was garbage. I had bought an HP printer, don't remember when and it broke within a few months. I bought another one, which was better model and it only lasted a few months. I'll never buy anything HP again. I do build my own systems now and only use Brother printers.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with HP but it is normal and has been for years, their build quality is not where is should be. They build cheap crap just to say they sell the most stuff.
It wasn't a refurbished laptop, I bought it new at a shopping mall near my house, I also agree with everything else you say in this message, But I could only afford a Dual-Core since in my country the minimum wage is not as big as in other countries, It had 8GB Ram, Sorry for not listing it, I forgot; And I also agree with you saying HP Turns garbage into burned garbage.