I have older hp 19-2113w that came with Windows 8 is it possible to install Windows 10?

Hi I have a hp 19-2113w that came with Windows 8 that is about 6 years old but recently the HDD failed so I plan to purchase an SSD and install Windows 10 on it. Just wanted to double check if it was possible to install Windows 10 on this PC on a new SSD? or if it wouldn't allow it due to some backwards compatibility issues?

Hope someone can answer my question.

Thank you!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if your HP OEM key will activate a windows 10 installation, some were pretty finicky. @Darren may be able to help with this. But as far as hardware limitations, there shouldn't be any at all.

I'm not sure if your HP OEM key will activate a windows 10 installation, some were pretty finicky. @Darren may be able to help with this. But as far as hardware limitations, there shouldn't be any at all.
Well no I am buying the Windows 10 key from an online vendor so its not an HP OEM Key, if I understood that correctly. Good I thought there shouldn't be any limitations hardware wise but had a feeling since its a little older machine that it could indeed be a bit finicky.
The SSD should arrive next week just trying to be ready for when it arrives.

Thank you Johnb35 and good to see you around still :)

Hey quick Update to the OG post. Installing the SSD and Windows 10 was easy and had zero issues on the All in one.

Only thing is I did a Bootable USB with Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and when installing Windows 10 it ask me to log in or create an account.
I don't want to add my own account to Windows 10 when installing Windows 10 because I am going to be selling the computer. Is there a way to install Windows 10 without having the Log in or Create a Microsoft Account?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I usually just create a local account and name it "user". They can easily create an account with their name and then delete the original.

Darren

Staff member
I know I'm late to the party but I'll just say my current 10 Pro license was lifted from a Dell Tower OEM sticker of 7 Pro and activated on my custom built machine no problem. Prior it was a Home Premium 7 key I bought from Newegg a decade ago, just did it to jump to Pro.

I know I'm late to the party but I'll just say my current 10 Pro license was lifted from a Dell Tower OEM sticker of 7 Pro and activated on my custom built machine no problem. Prior it was a Home Premium 7 key I bought from Newegg a decade ago, just did it to jump to Pro.
tysm for that. I managed to sang a cheap copy of Windows 10 online for $10 so I am set on that end.
The computer is working great now! new SSD and new RAM and new power cord. Its a bit slow because of the processor but its good enough for youtube and email browsing. Gonna keep it for guest