jkjkhardcore
New Member
I've seen a lot of people on the forums, and figured I'd join them 
Any how I have a powerspec 6002 it sucks, i thought maybe adding ram would fix the problem, no i have to just replace the whole thing, except the sound, it gives x-com a eerie effect, and other games *maybe d3 and conan*? it recently started crashing on internet explorer and other things
apps porn games cabal online.. I'm fed up with it So I want to upgrade, keep the case, maybe the fan, the monitor keyboard mouse ect.
After looking around here is what I got:
The motherboard: ASUS p5kpro Socket LGA775 FSB 1333/1066 4x240pin with ddr2 1066 standard memory it supports crosfire has 2 pci express 16 slots.
The Processor: The intel core 2 duo e8400 3 GHZ 6MB l2 cache LGA 775 socket 65w FSB 1333mhz 45nm chip.
The graphics cards: sapphire model 100226L It's PCI 2.0 x 16
and radeon 3850 I plan on using two of them in crossfire mode, my mother board supports two slots. Also does dual cards = faster Core processing times? I believe this cards at around 600+ but with two will it be like 1000 mhz?
The ram: OCZ Platinum 240-pin ddr2 Sdram it's 2x1gb ddr2 1066 speed cas latency 5 timing 5-5 5-15
HD: Hitachi Deskstar 320GB 7200RPM sata drive
So far its a little over 600$
I'd also like to know if I can use my old AC 97 realtek sound card and if this setup will utilize more than 4GB's of ram(i'm told it depends on the OS) and if it will utilize the full potential of both cards or is it too little Too much?
If you could help me with the power supply that'd be great but as of now i'm currently looking into that. I Would just really like to know if this will work, and not cause conflicts.
Also I found this for the Graphics card, If running crossfire mode will it be over 400 mb's of memory and over 400 -bit bus? Does the potential of my graphics card also double in speed for the Engine and memory clock?
Interface
PCI-E x16 (PCI-E 2.0 Support)
Memory
256MB GDDR3
Memory Bus
256-bit
Engine Clock
668MHz
Memory Clock
1650MHz
Stream Processing Units
320
A Just looked up psu: I'm told that for a dual Crossfire mode card setup I need 42Amps at least 550Watts How is this power supply:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182150
2 rails 12V PCF active, 600Watts(its 50 over the required does that matter?) 20+4 (my mobo uses 24) 2x6pin (as far as I can tell the graphics cards use 6pin so it's enough for at least two of them) Supports ATI crossfire and is 80% efficiency. The Output +3.3V@24A, +5V@30A, +12V1@22A, +12V2@22A,
[email protected], [email protected] I believe is 44.5 A on the 12V rails.
I'm hoping this can power my computer along with the dual card setup for 70$ it better -_-.
Any comments? suggestions?
At this time i'm eating a 630$ price tag for this thing >.< that's 130$ more than i Wanted to spend and I hope it's worth it
Any how I have a powerspec 6002 it sucks, i thought maybe adding ram would fix the problem, no i have to just replace the whole thing, except the sound, it gives x-com a eerie effect, and other games *maybe d3 and conan*? it recently started crashing on internet explorer and other things
After looking around here is what I got:
The motherboard: ASUS p5kpro Socket LGA775 FSB 1333/1066 4x240pin with ddr2 1066 standard memory it supports crosfire has 2 pci express 16 slots.
The Processor: The intel core 2 duo e8400 3 GHZ 6MB l2 cache LGA 775 socket 65w FSB 1333mhz 45nm chip.
The graphics cards: sapphire model 100226L It's PCI 2.0 x 16
and radeon 3850 I plan on using two of them in crossfire mode, my mother board supports two slots. Also does dual cards = faster Core processing times? I believe this cards at around 600+ but with two will it be like 1000 mhz?
The ram: OCZ Platinum 240-pin ddr2 Sdram it's 2x1gb ddr2 1066 speed cas latency 5 timing 5-5 5-15
HD: Hitachi Deskstar 320GB 7200RPM sata drive
So far its a little over 600$
I'd also like to know if I can use my old AC 97 realtek sound card and if this setup will utilize more than 4GB's of ram(i'm told it depends on the OS) and if it will utilize the full potential of both cards or is it too little Too much?
If you could help me with the power supply that'd be great but as of now i'm currently looking into that. I Would just really like to know if this will work, and not cause conflicts.
Also I found this for the Graphics card, If running crossfire mode will it be over 400 mb's of memory and over 400 -bit bus? Does the potential of my graphics card also double in speed for the Engine and memory clock?
Interface
PCI-E x16 (PCI-E 2.0 Support)
Memory
256MB GDDR3
Memory Bus
256-bit
Engine Clock
668MHz
Memory Clock
1650MHz
Stream Processing Units
320
A Just looked up psu: I'm told that for a dual Crossfire mode card setup I need 42Amps at least 550Watts How is this power supply:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182150
2 rails 12V PCF active, 600Watts(its 50 over the required does that matter?) 20+4 (my mobo uses 24) 2x6pin (as far as I can tell the graphics cards use 6pin so it's enough for at least two of them) Supports ATI crossfire and is 80% efficiency. The Output +3.3V@24A, +5V@30A, +12V1@22A, +12V2@22A,
[email protected], [email protected] I believe is 44.5 A on the 12V rails.
I'm hoping this can power my computer along with the dual card setup for 70$ it better -_-.
Any comments? suggestions?
At this time i'm eating a 630$ price tag for this thing >.< that's 130$ more than i Wanted to spend and I hope it's worth it
Last edited: