i lost 1tb of hd space on laptop, need help, please

clchamber87

hello, thanks for your time and please forgive my ignorance.

so i have an alienware gaming laptop that needed a new battery. since it was under warranty from where i bought it, i had them replace the battery. while they had laptop, they decided to factory reset it because there was some virus. i finally got my laptop back and it used to have 2 disk drives:
1.C:(230GB) and 2.d:(999gb), but now it only has the C drive. when I called the technician who was working on my laptop, he explained to me that he caused this because he forgot to 'allocate the partition'. he told me that the only way for him to fix it would be to send it back to him. I am a truck driver and it took them 4weeks to fix my computer and an extra week for me to make it back home to pick it up. i do not want to go another 5 weeks without my computer. so I guess i'd like to know if it's possible to recover that hd space?

thanks for your time and assistance

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Either the drive is totally missing your its just a simple procedure as going into disk management and partition and assign a drive letter to the other drive. Can you post a screenshot of disk management?

clchamber87

i will try, thanks for your time

heh what an insight into my life

Last edited by a moderator:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the other drive is totally missing. Open the case and see if the power or data cable going to the drive is disconnected or if the second drive is really missing.