I need extreme help!!!

bryanisverycon?

:mad:Alright long tedious story time....
i purchased an emachine t5048 and i got the free vista upgrade
i put vista on and now i want it off
when i first got my computer i made a back-up of drivers and applications
1 disk
i need to remove vista back to windows xp free up my speed
i have my vista disks and this disk Windows xp media center version 2005 with rollup 2operating system disk and my serial key
i also have my insrtuction manual(didnt help much)
What do i do im completely computer retarded and need some help on how to remove vista and put xp back on
PLEASE HELP!!!!!:confused:

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
What do i do im completely computer retarded and need some help on how to remove vista and put xp back on

i have my vista disks and this disk Windows xp media center version 2005 with rollup 2operating system disk and my serial key

Put this disc in the CD drive. Restart your computer and as the system is running it's pre-test, look for a line that says 'Press <key> to select boot device' (or something similar) and select the CD drive; you may have to confirm with another key-press. The windows CD will start to load and then start the install process. It will ask for the Key, allow you to tell it how to format, settings, etc., and do some restarts during everything - important thing to remember, after the install process starts and the system auto-reboots, don't press that 'press<key> to boot from CD' again or else you'll start the entire thing over:(