I Need help on my new Intel D865GBF!

Hi! my name is tommy and i've been working on my computer for a month now! I tried almost everything. I connected all the things right and still my motherboard doesnt turn on! the motherboard has a green light so it has power but when I press the on switch, it doesnt turn on. :mad: Can someone help me out!! PLEASE!!

~ Tommy :cool:

tristan

Did you connect both the 20 pin power connector AND the 4 pin? is your switch front the front of the case connected to the correct pins on the board?

Grimulus

yeah man, you can just get a bad mobo dude..quite possible. i'm not sure how old that motherboard your talking about is or how long you have had it. but yeah, make sure that 4 pin connector is in there, i know i've done the same thing. some motherboards want it and others dont.:)

tristan

When you hit the switch do the fans move? and just no image? or does nothing work? is there speakers hooked up? does it give a beep code?

Tommy Here

Yes everything is connected in right and no the fans dont move. I just bought this motherboard like 2 days ago. this motherboard isnt a old model. Yeh i have connected all the power cords like the 4 pin and the 20 pin thingy. like i said there is a small little green light showing but when I hit the power button, it doesnt do anything. Does this got to do with my SATA hard drive because I never had one of these before and im installing it juss for this custom computer? thank you guys for helping I hope we can fix this problem!!!

I dont know what to do and all my friends that have a college degree in this stuff dont even know what to do. so im depending on you guys to help. I would actually pay you guys a lot to come to my house and help me!!! i know im VERY desperate. I juss have to get my computer running before school starts!! thanks for your guys help in the future!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Could it be that the jumpers for the power switch arent connected properly? :) (hell, just try turning the computer on with a screwdriver or paperclip or something if you dont wanna look it up in the manual or something)

leotangcw

Your could try to take the motherboard out of the case and only install the cpu(include the fan),ram,and vedio card ,connect the power then turn the computer on with a screwdriver or any other things .
If the computer don't work it may have some problem.(maybe the power supply or the motherboard)Then you could borrow a power supply for a test.
If it work, it may that your didn't connected the front of the case to the correct pins on the board or the line your connect to the board have some problems(even the button has some problems) .

Whodart

AznBluStarDragon said:
Hi! my name is tommy and i've been working on my computer for a month now! I tried almost everything. I connected all the things right and still my motherboard doesnt turn on! the motherboard has a green light so it has power but when I press the on switch, it doesnt turn on. :mad: Can someone help me out!! PLEASE!!

Tommy, I have the same problem you described. Did you find out what the problem was? Just a bad mobo? Let me know if you have time. Thanks.

Dave Ellis