I need some recommendations.

Egon

Ok, before I get to it, I just want to say that I've been to three other forums today looking for help and each one just laughed at me and didn't answer. I hope you guys will.

Now then..

My current problem is my motherboard seems to be abit out of date.
eMachines
Intel Celeron 1300Hz
1.29GHz
I've somehow crammed 512 MBs of SDRAM into it also.

What I want to do is to be able to play the new-end games such BattleField 2.. Right now My computer lags up on The Sims 2. All the RAM slots are taken, my video card is a nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000.

My question to you is would it be easyer to A.) Upgrade my stuff B.) Build my own computer, or C.) Buy a new computer. If you could give a max price and a budget price I would love you all.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My question to you is would it be easyer to A.) Upgrade my stuff B.) Build my own computer, or C.) Buy a new computer. If you could give a max price and a budget price I would love you all.
It's most effective for you to simply build a new system since theres too much to upgrade ... keep the current system around as a light work machine or something.

I would help more but I would need you to specify what "max price" and "budget price" are (i.e., give me a budget) and i can help spec a system for you. (oh and welcome to CF)

Egon

Thanks for the welcome. Keep in mind that I'm most likely not buying it untill I get another job...But lets see here, the max price would probily be around $700 and the budget is anything below. Thats my price range right now.

Egon

Those look really nice. My friend might be able to give me his old PCI 9200 ATI video card. Now that I've seen some of the max range computers, how about the budget range? Thanks so much for helping.

XHotxEx791

ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply-56
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Socket 939 Processor-146
Arctic SIlver Premium Photosynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5-8
CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard-83
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400-87
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive-62
NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A-41
Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2-92 (Do you need?)
Rosewill RP550 ATX 550W Power Supply-57
SAPPHIRE 100119L Radeon X550 256MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card-73

Total $705 edited and added a gfx card. Reuse current monitor,keyboard/mouse,speakers. Also gfx card. Actually with shipping/tax, this might be your entire budget also.

Roger

Last edited:

Egon

Oh, Oh Oh Oh! I love the budget one. I just have one last question. Could it run this game for example?

test8hl.png

Thank you all sooo much! Feels like home when posting here.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, Oh Oh Oh! I love the budget one. I just have one last question. Could it run this game for example?
I dont know about the others (havnt looked at them more than just a cursory glance) ... i suspect they will :)