I need to help upgrading

TheKeVo

So your saying put old hard drive in new comp i build and use reformat disc while it's in the new comp? (lmao the old post i put :X)

murphy0207

murphy0207 said:
the tattoo should still be intact( if your hdd is ok) , you may have to install some drivers and get some errors as it will be a different setup than is expected by the recovery discs, but it should work......... :p

your new motherboard may be the main concern as it would be like a re-master but with a different pc. things like cd drives ect should not cause a problem. you may need to install new settings or a driver for your new motherboard as the restore discs may try to set it up as the old motherboard due to the way restore discs work.( format hdd, then reinstall software and drivers for things like motherboards)

TheKeVo

should i do this when i get the and i put it in the new comp or when it's in the one i have now (emachines) and how do i do what you said in the parentheses

Bobo

banned
TheKeVo said:
should i do this when i get the and i put it in the new comp or when it's in the one i have now (emachines) and how do i do what you said in the parentheses

It won't work for the one you have now, because it won't be running on those drivers...

The easiest thing to do is to just get an XP disc

TheKeVo

OK so now i have in my cart windows xp, processor,heatsink&fan, mobo,hard drive, sata cord, case w/ psu, video card, and ram

Bobo

banned
TheKeVo said:
Does that sound right? comes out to 824.77 w/o s&h

Yes it sounds right, with XP added in

Don't forget about Microsoft Office. Do you beed that, or do have the disk for it? If you had it on your old hdd, you could install the old hdd in your new comp, then find the setup.exe file and install it.

But FIRST, get your computer up and running

TheKeVo

lmao short post, but that's really all i need?? from newegg, the rest i can get from my old computer or do i only need the dvd drive and cd drive?

murphy0207

TheKeVo said:
lmao short post, but that's really all i need?? from newegg, the rest i can get from my old computer or do i only need the dvd drive and cd drive?

listen dont second guess problems, if you are going to build a pc , get it up and running and then introduce the hdd with your stuff on. you can then backwards engineer them(motherboard ect)...........................(well thats what i would do, but then again i know sh*t)

Bobo

banned
murphy0207 said:
listen dont second guess problems, if you are going to build a pc , get it up and running and then introduce the hdd with your stuff on. you can then backwards engineer them(motherboard ect)...........................(well thats what i would do, but then again i know sh*t)

Just build the computer

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
should I buy a new computer and get a video card with it
Whats the difference?

IF you need my specs tell me
Why not make it easy for us to help you??

but i've just heard bad stuff about my emachines
If they were as bad as people make them out to be ... do you think they'd still be in business?

So i'd have could I use the new hard drive and the old one on my new comp and then once I get everything put together I just use the restore disc from emachines on my old hard drive.. in the comp I built? and if I build one what parts do I need.. cuz this is what I had planned
No. Restore discs are for restoring and are motherboard tied. You need to reinstall

I dont care if you laugh at anything I did wrong, just help me make it right.. and if your kool you can tell me what else I need
Get the P4P800SE and spend the leftover money elsewhere

hadn't realized that was oem, so yes, you would need a SATA cord
Except it comes with the mobo....

You can use the hdds out of your old comp, yes. I'm not sure if it will automatically boot off of it or not, though
Prolly will boot but its highly advised to reinstall

what is hdds
Your harddrive