i need WIRELESS INTERNET setup help. Total Noob

xlostx999x

Hey, how is everyone doing.

Here is the problem, im a total computer noob that abuse the computer for games. LOL. Well i recently bought a sony tr laptop from sony style and was wondering how to get online through the wireless b/g connection integrated in my laptop. When i [START]->[CONNECT TO]->[WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION]. It connects and i select the local university around my house. I recieve 4/5 SIGNAL which is REALLY REALLY GOOD. But when i open a browser, it FORCES me to connect to my @HOME ETHERNET CABLE DSL: Verizon.

What Im really asking is how do I access the browser when connected wirelessly. Thanks a bunch ;)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
xlostx999x said:
Hey, how is everyone doing.

Here is the problem, im a total computer noob that abuse the computer for games. LOL. Well i recently bought a sony tr laptop from sony style and was wondering how to get online through the wireless b/g connection integrated in my laptop. When i [START]->[CONNECT TO]->[WIRELESS INTERNET CONNECTION]. It connects and i select the local university around my house. I recieve 4/5 SIGNAL which is REALLY REALLY GOOD. But when i open a browser, it FORCES me to connect to my @HOME ETHERNET CABLE DSL: Verizon.

What Im really asking is how do I access the browser when connected wirelessly. Thanks a bunch ;)

Maybe I missunderstanding but it sounds like you are connecting to the wirless. The DSL is connected to a wirless rounter am guessing and then it sends the signal to you. So you still connecting to DSL just through a wirless connection.

xlostx999x

Well. Not quite. Im trying to access other people's wireless connection from the library and that sort. I get the signal and im connected but when i open my browser, it AUTO me to connect to VERIZON ONLINE DSL. My house doesnt have wireless internet, we use ethernet cables..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Control Panel --> Networking --> Wireless Options --> Add ths new wireless source to the list of preferred access points :)