I want to make a website!

Hugh9191

Yea, I actually read about that in the achievements thread before coming back here!

But yea, Dreamweaver is an excellent tool for making websites. And Kompozer is a good free alternative (thought not as good as Dreamweaver!).

sun_kissed_0

Ok cool. I'll keep that in mind. I really hope she lets me do the website! I'm sure she will because we need to promote ourselves the best we can!

tlarkin

VIP Member
My site is hosted from these guys

www.phpwebhosting.com

I mean I get whatever I want and full ssh access to my account which is nice not a lot of places do that. I think have all my domains purchased and registered through godaddy.com. You can get killer deals I think my two domains cost me around $150 for 5 years and I get all the privacy settings. So if someone does a whois on me it doesn't list my personal info. You gotta pay extra for that.

I use a CMS to do most of everything on my site. It allows me to create content instantly through the website's built in tools. No need to create content and then upload it via FTP.

My site looks like crap but I am not a web designer and I have one of my buddies looking into helping me out who is a web designer by trade.

Googles Ads won't get you that much money either unless you are generating a TON of traffic. Even then they will cut you off if you feel you are making too much money. Google search a news article that was titled like, "Why I sued Google and won." It will explain the horrors of Ad sense customer service and what they do to not pay you.

vinnie107

You can get some cheap web hosting here.

www.3nethost.com

and buy the domain elsewhere. Also, if you ask they might do the site for you.

As for making money from it, i suggest putting a few ads from google and bidvertiser on there. You can try and make some money from it, dont expect alot though.

vinnie107

And as for dreamweaver, that might be a bit overkill for you. Try the 30 day free trial though.

Also bear in mind the shear cost of it after the trial.

sun_kissed_0

Alright well adsense screwed me over and billed me $72, which i have not gotten my refund back yet (it's been a week), so what does everyone else use? I heard some other guy uses a different company to make some extra money that is similar to adsense.

I've been officially put in charge to make the website! :D I know I need to make a domain first but I'm going to have to do that with Jessica my manager.

You can create your website by learning it by yourself..
Just go to w3schools.com and start learning how to make a website today...
138l1309.jpg