IBM Hardrive Problem

P11

VIP Member
I have a IBM 80 GB hardrive that i used on my old pc(2 years ago) for about 1 year to store music,games,etc. when i was at my schools dance and i transferd my hard drive to another computer. While i was doing this and attempting to put it back into my pc i dropped the hd about 4 feet off a table on the right hand corner i believe. Anyways whenever i try putting back in my pc it is not recognized and when i hook it up to my pc is often makes a lous noise and sometimes not as loud. Anybody know how to fix this?

P11

VIP Member
also my hard drive has options for making it a 16 head/15 head 32gb clip and auto spin diable slave and each configuration is different -which one do i use?

Super_Nova

There are data recovery services that will disassemble the hard drive in a clean room and remove the platters and put them in a working drive and try to salvage the data but you'll have to sell you kindey to pay for it. Hard drives can not be opened in a normal envorinment. just a spec of dust or a finger print will ruin the platters.