IBM or Samsung

indianerrostock

I want to buy a new laptop and want to choose one of the following.
I would be interested in your opinion about the best Laptop, if you pay attention to the Support, the robustness, the reliability and the equipment of the different systems.

IBM Thinkpad X40
www.pro-com.org/NOFOST.de/Pages/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=405&BackUrl=1504368452
(That there's no CD or DVD Rom I already noticed :D)

IBM Thinkpad T41
www.pro-com.org/NOFOST.de/Pages/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=200&BackUrl=1206796997

IBM Thinkpad T42
www.pro-com.org/NOFOST.de/Pages/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=406&BackUrl=252732395

Samsung X05 XTC 1600
www.studentbook.de/x05-1600.html

I would be very interested in different opinions and maybe new proposals...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Why are so many people fascinated with AMD processors???

is it only because you can over clock them?

....ehh... I have yet to find someone who ACTUALLY has found a benefit of over clocking...

as it is I doubt EVEN THE 3D gamers will see any improvement.. seeing as their CPU still has to wait while its being fed the information it needs at a slower pace...

P11

VIP Member
I would probably go with the Samsung because all of the products i own that are Samsung-ive never had any problems with them.

4W4K3

VIP Member
SFR said:
....ehh... I have yet to find someone who ACTUALLY has found a benefit of over clocking...

umm...

1) my computer is faster in games and benchmarks
2) boots faster and runs OS faster
3) loads regular apps like adobe or photoimaging faster, even loads levels in games faster...

theres lots of benefits.

I prefer IBM...my dad has an IBM laptop and he has never had probs with it (asked him lol) and it's very thin and small...i like the look.

indianerrostock

I wanted to use the laptop for university work like programming, writing, graphic transformation...but should also be portable and not like a space ship in your bag :D

ZER0X

VIP Member
IBM ThinkPad T41p Because of what i've read it has better things than the other ones.... it's a nice work laptop aswell :)

Ah wah?? you can overclock Intel's aswell

Try it for yourself you will see the difference believe me

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why are so many people fascinated with AMD processors???
The same reason so many people are fascinated with INTEL processors

Is that an implication that you cant OC the piss out of INTEL procs? ;)

I have yet to find someone who ACTUALLY has found a benefit of over clocking...
Who said it had anything to do with actual benifits? :)

Because they preform better than an intel CPU of equal clock speed
But since the clock speeds arent the same..........

my computer is faster in games and benchmarks
LOL but since when did benchmarks ever matter? :p

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
LOL but since when did benchmarks ever matter? :p

real world difference is miniscule for the most part. what i find funny is people base there purchases on marketing ploys, and benchmark results (reviews aren't complete without a few benchmarks and alot of pics) then when you get the hardware, benchmarks don't matter anymore lol. i use benches to test my stability and see how much my overclock improved my timing/score...but usually just to test stability.