iBook/PowerBook

VeeralS05

Would you suggest either one? I hear Mac's are less of an hassle compared to windows. Like I heard its more reliable and I dont have to worry about spyware and virus's as much and it runs much smoother.... Please someone give me some input on Apple notebooks.... especially the people out there that own one right now or have owned one...

ZER0X

VIP Member
Windows is more common, Mac's are less common and not prefrered, but hey it's true you wont have to worry much about spyware and Viruses as much...but it really isn't prefered

geranimo://

ZER0X said:
Windows is more common, Mac's are less common and not prefrered, but hey it's true you wont have to worry much about spyware and Viruses as much...but it really isn't prefered

They may not be prefered, but they are definitly better, faster and less shitty then windows..

4W4K3

VIP Member
geranimo:// said:
They may not be prefered, but they are definitly better, faster and less shitty then windows..

"better" is a pretty general term, "faster" depends on how much you want to spend...so that's not really an advantage cuz you could throw in some more $$$$ and get a faster Windows laptop. "less shitty" doesn't even make sense...im guessing you mean "doesn't crash as much/less virus problems" which is true. Mac's are more stable than Windows based machines most of the time and because there OS is so "non-preferred" people don't waste there time trying to write viruses/spyware for it. That tells me something right there, but it's all up to you.

Ok, I'm not an Apple user, so I'm not sure about this, but I herad when u install a Mac O/S, its installs everything for you, all the drivers and stuff, not like windows where u have to do everything yourself...

And why is Mac "non-preferred"? Because Bill Gates puts is big *ss in everybodys face with his almost-monopoly with Windows. I'd take Apple if it wasnt for the $$$ and the compatibility...

4W4K3

VIP Member
Ok, I'm not an Apple user, so I'm not sure about this, but I herad when u install a Mac O/S, its installs everything for you, all the drivers and stuff, not like windows where u have to do everything yourself...

You still have to install updates, and things like that. How long does it take on a Windows computer to get it all updated...couple hours? not even that if you have the updates downloaded already. If you're a first time computer user Mac might be an option to consider...but after using Windows for so many years it would take me months to get used to the Mac layout/"feel". If you're interested try the Mac out...but i wouldn't BUY one just for that. Just try to find someone who has one and test it out.

4W4K3

VIP Member
And why is Mac "non-preferred"? Because Bill Gates puts is big *ss in everybodys face with his almost-monopoly with Windows. I'd take Apple if it wasnt for the $$$ and the compatibility...

That and they're butt ugly in my opinion lol. Compatibility/flexibility is a big issue for alot of people who already own Windows products, they want a new faster computer that will work with what they're used to. Buying a Mac means you have to start out all over again and learn new things, most people aren;t willing to do that.