Ibuypower

Skorax

New Member
IBUYPOWER, i bought a computer from them, the specs are in my signature. The problem i am having with them is poor customer service (mainly the managers providing the poor customer service), and they are SLOW, i repeat that, SLOW at building a computer and testing it. Any advice on ways to have them speed up this process?

Anyone have any tips from previous experiences of dealing with them to make this process go quicker?
 
When did you order it? Cause when I went to put in a fake order I got an estimated shipping date of March 31st. Which is about a week and a half out. So if it's before a week and a half before your order, you'll just have to wait.
 
I ordered it 3/4/10, they told me it would be shipped out by 3/16/10, I called last friday and they told me it would be shipping out today, now they telling me to wait another couple days again
 
Give them a day or two and call back. If they're not shipping by then, just pull your order unless they can cut you a discount or something, that is ridiculous. If I had the cash I could go to Microcenter and buy those parts and build it in one day.
 
Looking back on it I should've just built the computer myself. Yeah I told them i give them till wednesday to ship it, otherwise a full refund. Their response was "We will ship it out by tommorow afternoon"
 
nothing like threatening to remove funding to get people moving! nice job. dont take company bullshit like that. You are a paying customer who is paying quite a bit and in fact a lot more than you need to. In the world of business you gotta play hardball. Be aggressive. Remember: the customer is ALWAYS right.
 
They just fully tested it and sent it out as of 8:02PM Pacific Time today. Will be arriving wednesday, they upgraded the shipping and gave me a $50 refund for the delay.

Thanks for the advice guys, helped tons!
 
One thing you have to remember is that ibuypower is not a large operation like Dell or HP...they're frequently out of stock on various items, likely because they can't afford to keep a huge cache of unused merchandise. Unlike large brands, they can't keep selling parts for very long after they've been replaced by newer models. It's no surprise that they take a little longer than expected. I agree that they shouldn't claim to be able to ship so fast though, even when they can....better for the customer to think they're miracle workers when it comes early than to think they're lazy because it's late.
 
Good deal! :good:

Out of curiosity, did they ever contact you if it would be later than the estimated shipping date? or did you have to contact them?
 
I had to contact them asking whats going on. Then they said "oh sorry to inform you but your order has been delayed", wasn't due to not having the parts they said, but due to having too many orders in for computers to be built
 
^ Yep, that'd be a problem as well. Can't help getting bogged down, you know?

Good job getting it shipped though. Hope everything gets there ok :good:
 
Right when it arrives, i'm adding 2 more 200MM fans to it, one on side, one on bottom, should cool it down a little more i think. Its a HAF 922 case.

Yeah sounds like they just are taking in more than they can handle at them moment. Main delay i noticed wasn't the putting together of the PC, but the testing of it and installing of drivers and such.

When it arrives tomorrow i put up pictures of the computer for you guys
 
Do you guys think that adding two 200MM fans, one bottom, one side will cool down the computer much? If so, by a lot or a little?
 
Compressed air from a computer store, or even the computer section of wal-mart. Make sure to get condensation-free stuff.

Once a month should do, but that'll vary depending on where you put it.
 
I will probably have to do it twice a month, i'm putting it under a desk (not a closed desk), all sides will have access to airflow. Just I'm thinkin it will get dirty a lot since a lot of dog hair is around, i got 2 dogs, and both shed a lot.

So condensed air but with no condensation in it, thank you.
 
If you can, don't have it directly on the floor. One thing my friend did and he said that it worked well was to have it elevated a little and then have a small floor fan on the floor blowing underneath the computer to keep extra pet dander out.
 
Hmmm, I think I will put it on the desk then and have this roughly 350-400MM fan next to it blowing away any floating dog hair and such. Is there specialized floor fans for underneath computers?
 
Back
Top