If a virus affects the PC, is it Okay just to scan primary C drive? (Question/Help)

So my computer started acting up today. The mouse is laggy and skips across the scree. Everything else seems to work fine.
That been said, when running an antivirus would it be enough to run it through the Main SSD "C" where OS is installed? or is it necessary to run it on the other storage units as well?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I really highly doubt this is a malware issue. Try using a different mouse, also does it lag when scrolling using the wheel? If so, this could be a video driver issue, try updating it.

I really highly doubt this is a malware issue. Try using a different mouse, also does it lag when scrolling using the wheel? If so, this could be a video driver issue, try updating it.
Good Idea will try to update GPU drivers. I know there is a recent update. It just started happening today. Same configuration haven't changed anything in several months and have had no issues.

Good Idea will try to update GPU drivers. I know there is a recent update. It just started happening today. Same configuration haven't changed anything in several months and have had no issues.
So I updated GPU drivers. Also updated Some Windows drivers but that didn't work. Funny enough I gave up after trying to fix it and moved the USB from the front hub to the MoBo and now it seems to be working better.

I am going to re-check the connection of the front USB header to the MoBo see if that fixes something.