If I know very little... can I build a PC?

amacbeth

Like... I mean VERY little... Is it possible for me to learn enough to build my own PC. And if it's possible, is it worth any sort of risk? Thanks

ripken2004

well do u know anything about computers in the first place? if u spend alot of time researching parts like i have, then u can get a pretty good idea of what you are doing. but if you dont want to spend the time researching for a month then i wouldnt build one, maybe go off of a site or have someone u know do it for u.

aramp1

For me, the best way to learn was to jump right in and do it. Resources like this forum made it easy.

xDarkWizardx

If you make sure everything is compatible it's not too hard to assemble one. I would take an old computer your not using and completly dissasemble it and try to reassemble it again.

Also if there is a night course or something being offered by a school or somewhere near you I would attend that.

Tybbz

I dont see why you couldnt build a computer. However it might be a good idea to get someone who does know alot about computers to help you choose the components and maybe even help you put it together. I built my computer around five years ago and it really isnt that difficult. Also an advantage of building your computer is that you can really understand about the components and what they do, making it easier to upgrade when you need to.

amacbeth

Do you guys know some online resourses that give a good run down of the basics. Like compatibility, case-types, order of assembly, etc? Thanks again.